22 Kasım 2015 Pazar

Reflection Task 1a

 If I wanted to join in a student group at METU, that group would be AGT (Ankara Gönüllü Takımı). There are some reasons why I would want to join AGT. First reason is that this group is formed by volunteer students who want to build a bridge among the people from different social status. I really want to be a part of it. Second, I like their projects for children. To exemplify, every weekend they go to houses of some families most of whom are from low economic status. They help these families’ children with their homework, also they deal with children’s daily life issues. A special connection is developed, therefore they become friends. This project is exciting for me as I like spending time with children; moreover, it is nice to know that I could do something useful and beneficial for them. Addition to these, members of AGT organize some special events throughout the year such as visiting some museums, visiting Anıtkabir, going to cinema, celebrating 23th of April and summer camps. As you can see they do really nice stuff, and I believe I could be helpful in this group with performing events. Lastly, by doing volunteer stuff and meeting people and children from different background may help me improving my social and educational skills. As a result, I would most probably feel happier and more peaceful. Considering all these, I suppose AGT would be the most suitable group for me. Consequently, I have already met them, and above this writing there is a picture of our meeting. Now I am waiting for a call to join one of the projects of theirs.

1 yorum:

  1. Hi Funda :)
    I liked your reflection so much because it is a student group that I am interested in. Thus, I read your paragraph curiously. As to your content, it is so rich and you explained your reasons with logical examples. There is no irrelevant sentences about your major ideas. I think that you join this group anymore. How do you feel now? :) I believe that it is so beneficial for you because you both help people who need help and gain experience for your future life. Moreover, you are so good at explaining your thoughts with right vocabularies. Thanks for that nice picture and reflection :)

    YanıtlaSil